This tasty soup is packed with fiber and protein to keep you full and satisfied. Try using different beans and vegetables to make this a versatile favorite for every season!
Serving Size: 1 cup
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cups kale, chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 (15-ounce) cans of no-salt-added white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon dried chili flakes (optional)
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- In a large saucepan or soup pot, heat olive oil on medium heat.
- Add garlic and onion, and sauté until soft. Add kale and half of salt, and sauté until wilted.
- Add broth, beans, tomatoes, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, remaining salt, pepper, and chili flakes (if using).
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls, and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Nutrition Information / Amount per serving
Calories – 212
Total fat – 5 g
Saturated fat – 1 g
Cholesterol – 0 mg
Protein – 12 g
Total Carbohydrates – 32 g
Dietary Fiber – 8.5 g
Sodium – 433 mg
For more delicious recipes, nutrition tips, and cooking and nutrition classes, contact the Kendall Reagan Nutrition Center at (970) 495-5916 or see the KRNC website. More health tips are also available at the College of Health and Human Sciences Pinterest board. Lastly, don’t forget to sign up for the KRNC monthly newsletter!