Try this quick, delicious and colorful chickpea salad full of antioxidants and nutrients. A serving provides a good source of Vitamin C, E, and Copper, all of which are needed for natural collagen production!
Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Yield: 5 servings
- 1 15.5-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 Roma tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- In a large mixing bowl add chickpeas, tomato, and red onion. Toss to combine.
- In a jar add olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic. Shake to combine
- Pour dressing onto salad and toss to coat.
- Top salad with avocado and fresh parsley.
Nutrition Information / Amount per serving
Calories – 247
Total fat – 17 g
Saturated fat – 2 g
Cholesterol – 0 mg
Sugars – 4 g
Protein – 6 g
Total Carbohydrates – 21 g
Dietary Fiber – 7 g
Sodium – 167 mg
Added Sugars – 0 g
For more delicious recipes, nutrition tips, and cooking and nutrition classes, contact the Kendall Reagan Nutrition Center at (970) 495-5916 or see the KRNC website. More health tips are also available at the College of Health and Human Sciences Pinterest board. Lastly, don’t forget to sign up for the KRNC monthly newsletter!
The Kendall Reagan Nutrition Center is in the Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition, part of CSU’s College of Health and Human Sciences.