Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie is a quick and easy dessert that is decadent and sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Serving Size: 1/3 mini pie
Yield: 6 servings
Graham Cracker Crust:
- 5 graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons vegan buttery spread
Chocolate Peanut Butter Filling:
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, melted
- 8 ounces silken tofu
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- To make the graham cracker crust, first soften the butter by microwaving it for 10 seconds.
- Add the graham crackers to the blender and blend into fine crumbs. Add the Earth Balance spread and blend until the ingredients are combined into a sticky crumble.
- Firmly press the crust mixture along the bottom and up the sides of 2 mini pie tins, set aside.
- To make the filling, add the silken tofu, melted chocolate chips, peanut butter, and almond milk to the blender in that order. Blend until very smooth.
- Pour into the premade pie crust.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour, or until firm.
Nutrition Information / Amount per serving:
Calories 246 Protein 5.5 g
Total fat 15 g Total Carbohydrates 24 g
Saturated fat 5 g Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
Cholesterol 0 mg Sodium 172 mg
Sugar 12.5 g Added Sugar 12.5 g
For more delicious recipes, nutrition tips, and cooking and nutrition classes, contact the Kendall Reagan Nutrition Center at (970) 495-5916 or see the KRNC website. More health tips are also available at the College of Health and Human Sciences Pinterest board. Lastly, don’t forget to sign up for the KRNC monthly newsletter!