Today we’d like to introduce you to Alexandra Gertner.
Alexandra, before we jump into specific questions about the business, why don’t you give us some details about you and your story.
I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease and IBS when I was 15 years old. People weren’t familiar with gluten-free food nine years ago, considering I had been eating gluten for 15 years, neither was I. Though food had destroyed my insides, it would also heal me from the inside out. I would spend hours at the grocery store, reading labels, learning what vegetables would give me fiber so I could use the bathroom normally, I was intrigued and I would not stop till I healed myself and could heal others as well.
I went to Colorado State University for my undergrad, go rams! I studied Hospitality Management. When I was a sophomore I decided to take all of my food photos and create an Instagram account. Easy, affordable and healthy recipes for college students. I had no idea that a fun Instagram page created four years ago would become my why for being diagnosed with Celiac Disease. After graduating, I moved to downtown Denver where I started teaching health and food workshops.
We’re always bombarded by how great it is to pursue your passion, etc – but we’ve spoken with enough people to know that it’s not always easy. Overall, would you say things have been easy for you?
Oh gosh no, where to even begin. When I’m prepping for another procedure or surgery I remind myself that the good days always outweigh the bad days and that I have to be strong, for myself and for all the people that are struggling with an autoimmune disease as well.
With struggles comes new content, new lessons learned and new obstacles to conquer. I created my business to connect with people who are going through some of the same things I am going through. To heal this beautiful body of ours with the food we eat and how we take care of ourselves. A smooth road would not have led me where I am today and for that, I am forever grateful.
Tell us more about the business.
Gertner’s Kitchen is an entirely gluten-free brand. It was created to show people that you can enjoy what you eat while also living a healthy lifestyle. I specialize in easy, healthy and affordable recipes. My love for grocery shopping and meal prepping is known to my community. Creating dishes from a few ingredients to make one feel their best.
I’m most proud of being able to connect with a community who feel comfortable and beautiful in their skin. I am raw. I don’t sugar coat anything. I want everyone to know that behind my brand is a human who is going through exactly what they are going through.
Has luck played a meaningful role in your life and business?
I believe whatever you put into the universe comes back to you. I put nothing but good thoughts and actions into my life and business and I feel that it is reciprocated in one way or another!
- Grocery lists with meals included ( 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinner, 3 snacks) start at $30.00. Grocery lists are built depending on what foods the person likes, what is in season and what they can get locally and affordably
- One on one food coaching sessions start at $65 an hour. Food Coaching sessions are guided, we talk about your relationship with food, the 80/20 rule, grocery shopping, meal prepping, bowel movements exc. It’s a very intimate conversation and so very beautiful as one differs from the next person.
- Guided workshops: residents at apartment complexes, employees at businesses, teachers, students first time living on their own. Workshops can be anything from grocery shopping, meal prepping, to gut health, how to eat healthy with a 9-5 job.
“This journey of mine has been so rewarding and I can’t wait to see what comes next!” Alexandra Gertner
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instagram: @gertners_kitchen
Article provided by: