Try this watercress, pink grapefruit, and walnut salad for a light and healthy meal. Add grilled chicken to increase the protein content!
Yield: 4 servings
For the Dressing
- 2 ¼ Tablespoons minced ginger
- ¼ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons rice wine vingegar
- ½ teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
For the Salad
- 1 pink grapefruit
- 8 oz watercress (about 2 bunches), thick stems removed
- ½ cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Make the dressing: Whisk together the ginger, garlic, lime juice, vinegar, sesame oil, and sugar in a small bowl. Gradually add the olive oil, whisking constantly until fully combined. Set aside.
- Remove the peel and pith from grapefruit.
- Holding over a medium bowl, carve out the flesh between the membranes of the grapefruit, letting the segments fall into the bowl. You should have about ¾ cup segments.
- Add watercress.
- Pour dressing over the watercress and grapefruit; toss to coat. Sprinkle with walnuts and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition Information / Amount per serving:
Total fat 29.5 g
Saturated fat 3.1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Protein 5.8 g
Total Carbohydrates 13 g
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
Sodium 41.6 mg