KRNC July Recipe – A southwestern twist on salad!
This super flavorful salad has a zesty Southwestern kick. You can plate it as a side dish or add some protein (black beans, grilled shrimp, salmon, or chicken) to make it an entrée salad.
Serving Size: 2 cups
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ of a fresh pomegranate, juiced (about ¼ cup of pomegranate juice)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic, minced (about 1 garlic clove)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 cups leafy greens (arugula, spinach, mixed greens)
- 1 ½ cups jicama, peeled and julienned
- ½ cup red onion, sliced
- ½ cup avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup toasted almonds, sliced or chopped
- To make pomegranate-lime dressing, combine lime juice, pomegranate juice, sugar, salt, cumin, garlic, and olive oil in a small bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add leafy greens, jicama, red onion, avocado, and cilantro. Pour pomegranate-lime dressing over salad and toss to combine.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds and toasted almonds.
Nutrition Information / Amount per serving:
Calories: 200 / Total fat: 10 g / Saturated fat: 1 g / Cholesterol: 0 mg / Sodium: 165 mg / Protein: 4 g / Total carbohydrates: 18 g / Sugars: 7 g / Dietary fiber: 7 g