Warm up and fill up with this delicious soup that features many popular winter ingredients. Make a double batch of cranberry relish to enjoy with other favorite winter dishes.
Serving Size: 1 cup
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 large carrot peeled, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 small onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup fresh cranberries, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 1/s teaspoon sugar
- Combine all 4 ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine carrots, sweet potato and onion on a baking pan. Drizzle vegetables with oil and toss to coat. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender and just beginning to brown.
- Place vegetables, broth, and ginger in a Dutch oven or heavy pot over medium-high heat. Bring to boil, then cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to puree soup OR place half of blender lid (to allow steam to escape) and secure lid on top of blender. Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid to avoid splatters and blend until smooth. Pour pureed mixture into a large bowl and repeat procedure with remaining vegetable mixture. Stir in salt and pepper. Top with relish and enjoy!
Nutrition Information/ Amount per serving:
Total fat 3.5 g
Saturated fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 0.0 mg
Protein 3.3 g
Total Carbohydrates 17.0 g
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
Sodium 736 g