Enjoy this quick and easy recipe that is high in protein, nutritious, and most importantly delicious!
Serving Size: 1 cup
Yield: 10 servings
- 3 ½ cups water
- 1 cup uncooked millet
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 ¾ cups cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 can (14 oz) drained, unsalted black beans (about 1¾ cup cooked dry beans)
- Just under ½ cup lime juice (juice from 3 fresh limes)
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Cook millet according to package directions. Spread in shallow pan and refrigerate until cool. Fluff with a fork.
- Combine chopped bell peppers, tomatoes, and cilantro in a bowl. Gently mix in black beans. If serving immediately, add avocado at this time. Otherwise, wait until just before serving.
- Mix the liquids including freshly squeezed lime juice, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil with salt, black pepper, and cumin. Pour over vegetables.
- Carefully toss vegetables with liquid mixture, refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Information / Amount per serving:
Total fat 7.4 g
Saturated fat 1.1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Protein 6 g
Total Carbohydrates 29 g
Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
Sodium 245.1 mg