Ground flaxseeds, freshly squeezed orange juice, and a banana blend together to make a delicious smoothie packed with protein. Get extra benefits of heart healthy omega-3 fatty acids, potassium and vitamin C all in one smoothie!
Serving Size: 1 cup
Yield: 1 serving
- ½ cup non-dairy milk
- Juice from ½ an orange
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt or lactose-free yogurt
- 1 ½ tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1 ripe medium banana, peeled and cut into small chunks
- About 4 ice cubes (*You can substitute ¼ cup of frozen blueberries for the ice cubes)
- Add the liquids into a blender first.
- Add ground flax seeds next and the remaining ingredients.
- Blend until smoothie is smooth and
Nutrition Information / Amount per serving:
Total fat 7 g
Saturated fat 0.7 g
Cholesterol 6.3 mg
Protein 17.6 g
Total Carbohydrates 48.1 g
Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
Sodium 143.6 mg