Though simple and quick to prepare, this veggie-rich dish has complex, authentic flavor. This curry is completely customizable- try our favorite with crispy tofu and frozen broccoli and butternut squash!
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 12-oz bag frozen vegetables
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger root, finely chopped or grated
- 2 tablespoons red Thai curry paste
- 14-oz can lite coconut milk
- 1 15-oz can chickpeas, rinsed
- Heat a large skillet with deep sides over medium heat, add the oil. Add the onion and salt and cook until soft, stirring often.
- Mix in the frozen vegetables and continue to cook until thawed, about 5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the garlic and ginger, cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in curry paste and cook for additional 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and chickpeas. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat and cook for additional 3 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from heat, serve hot, and enjoy!
Nutrition Information / Amount per serving:
Calories – 320kcal
Total fat – 12 g
Saturated fat – 5 g
Cholesterol – 0 mg
Sugars – 8g
Protein – 12 g
Total Carbohydrates – 50 g
Dietary Fiber – 13 g
Sodium – 0 mg
Added sugar – 25 g
For more delicious recipes, nutrition tips, and cooking and nutrition classes, contact the Kendall Reagan Nutrition Center at (970) 495-5916 or see the KRNC website. More health tips are also available at the College of Health and Human Sciences Pinterest board. Lastly, don’t forget to sign up for the KRNC monthly newsletter!