This recipe is perfect for a healthful snack on the go. It is easy to prepare and can provide energy to fuel your busy schedule or your favorite fall outdoor activities!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- ½ cup ground flax seed or wheat germ
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Stir all ingredients together in a bowl until mixed. Let mixture chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Once chilled, roll into 1 inch balls.
- Store the bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to a week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Recipe of the Month
Nutrition Information / Amount per serving:
Calories 93 Protein 2 g
Total fat 5 g Total Carbohydrates 12 g
Saturated fat 2 g Dietary Fiber 2 g
Cholesterol 0 mg Sodium 18 mg
Sugars 7 g Added Sugars 2 g
For delicious recipes, nutrition tips, and cooking and nutrition classes, go to the Kendall Reagan Nutrition Center website. More health tips are also available at the College of Health and Human Sciences Pinterest board.