Make this recipe your own by substituting different types of alternative milks. Add up to 1 tablespoon of wheat germ, chia seeds, or ground flaxseed for additional fiber and protein.
Serving Size: 1 ¾ cup
- 1 medium very ripe banana, peeled, chopped and frozen overnight
- 2 tablespoons unsalted peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾-1 cup milk of choice (less milk for thicker shake)
- Add frozen banana, chocolate powder and peanut butter to a blender.
- Add milk of choice to the blender.
- Secure the blender lid and blend ingredients until smooth.
- Enjoy as a protein shake, dessert or balanced snack!
Nutrition Information / Amount per serving:
- Calories 425
- Protein 20 g
- Total fat 18 g
- Total Carbohydrates 51 g
- Saturated fat 3.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 5 mg
- Sodium 106 mg
- Sugars 27 g
- Added Sugars 0
For delicious recipes, nutrition tips, and cooking and nutrition classes, contact the Kendall Reagan Nutrition Center at (970) 495-5916 or see the KRNC website. More health tips are also available at the College of Health and Human Sciences Pinterest board. Lastly, don’t forget to sign up for the KRNC monthly newsletter!