Using less than 10 ingredients, this is a quick and easy ice cream recipe that you can make in only 5 minutes! Make this recipe your own by adding frozen fruits or milk of your choice!
Yield: 5 cups
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- Juice from 1/2 a large orange
- 3 pitted Medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups frozen cherries
- 2 frozen bananas, diced
- 1/2 cup coconut or almond milk
- Blend coconut cream, orange juice, dates, and vanilla in a blender.
- Add in the cherries and diced bananas.
- Blend everything together at high power on the blender. You may have to mix in some of the frozen pieces between blending to get the whole mixture smooth.
- Add milk until you have reached the desired consistency.
- Let firm in freezer for 30-60 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information / Amount per serving:
Calories – 233
Total fat – 5.6 g
Saturated fat – 4.5 g
Cholesterol – 0 mg
Sugars – 37.5 g
Protein – 2 g
Total Carbohydrates – 46 g
Dietary Fiber – 3.5 g
Sodium – 30 mg
Added Sugars – 0 g
For more delicious recipes, nutrition tips, and cooking and nutrition classes, contact the Kendall Reagan Nutrition Center at (970) 495-5916 or see the KRNC website. More health tips are also available at the College of Health and Human Sciences Pinterest board. Lastly, don’t forget to sign up for the KRNC monthly newsletter!