This summery sweet and silky sauce from the juicy tomatoes and warm olive oil makes this dish a dynamic and luxurious burst of tomato-packed flavor.
Serving Size: 1 Cup / Yield: 6 Servings
- 1 pound of your favorite pasta
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 pints cherry tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup basil, coarsely chopped
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water, stir occasionally, until al dente. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet or saucepan over medium-high heat.
- When oil is heated, add garlic, tomatoes, sugar, salt and pepper. Stir occasionally, until tomatoes burst open and release juices to form the sauce. This should take about 10-15 minutes.
- Continue to cook down until sauce thickens.
- Toss cooked pasta in sauce. Fold in chopped basil.
You can top pasta with grilled chicken, Parmesan cheese, burrata cheese, roasted mushrooms or more basil!
Nutrition Information / Amount per serving:
- Calories 455
- Protein 11 g
- Total fat 20 g
- Total Carbohydrates 57 g
- Saturated fat 3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 213 mg
- Sugars 7 g
- Added Sugars 1 g
For delicious recipes, nutrition tips, and cooking and nutrition classes, contact the Kendall Reagan Nutrition Center at (970) 495-5916 or see the KRNC website. More health tips are also available at the College of Health and Human Sciences Pinterest board. Lastly, don’t forget to sign up for the KRNC monthly newsletter!