KRNC Recipe of the Month – Beef and Vegetable Stir-fry
Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups / Yield: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1 pound flank steak, sliced into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- ½ cup carrots, sliced
- ¼ cup soy sauce or tamari (if gluten free)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok on medium-high heat. Add ginger and chives and cook for 1 minute.
- Add flank steak. Sprinkle with black pepper and cook until beef is browned on all sides; about 5 minutes. Transfer beef to a plate and set aside.
- Add vegetables to the same skillet or wok and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in soy sauce and rice vinegar and stir to combine. Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove lid, return cooked beef to pan, sprinkle with sesame seeds, and heat thoroughly.
- Serve over hot cooked brown rice.
Nutrition Information / Amount per serving:
- Calories 530
- Protein 37 g
- Total fat 28 g
- Total Carbohydrates 32 g
- Saturated fat 9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4 g
- Cholesterol 81 mg
- Sodium 745 mg
- Sugars 3 g
- Added Sugars 0 g
For delicious recipes, nutrition tips, and cooking and nutrition classes, go to the Kendall Reagan Nutrition Center website. More health tips are also available at the College of Health and Human Sciences Pinterest board. Click here to sign up for the KRNC monthly newsletter!