This January enjoy a nice hot cup of cocoa!
Enjoying a big mug of hot chocolate is one of the best things about cold weather. This 4-ingredient recipe has big cocoa flavor and is lightly sweetened. Serving Size: 8 ounces / Yield: 1 drink
- 1 cup milk of choice (almond milk, skim milk, soy milk, etc)
- 1 tablespoon raw cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup or honey
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients into a small saucepan and whisk until combined, breaking up any cocoa clumps. Turn heat to high and continue to stir until piping hot, then pour into a mug and serve hot.
- Top with whipped cream or marshmallows, if desired.
Nutrition Information / Amount per serving:
Calories 106 Protein 2 g
Total fat 4 g Total Carbohydrates 18 g
Saturated fat 0.5 g Dietary Fiber 3 g
Cholesterol 0 mg Sodium 182 mg
Sugars 12 g Added Sugars 11 g
For delicious recipes, nutrition tips, and cooking and nutrition classes, go to the Kendall Reagan Nutrition Center website. More health tips are also available at the College of Health and Human Sciences Pinterest board.