KRNC Recipe of the Month – Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Butternut Squash and Cranberries with Balsamic Syrup
A healthy and warm dish–perfect for the holidays!
Serving Size: about 2 cups, Yield: 4 servings
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cubed into 1-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
- 1 ½ cups fresh cranberries
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Wash Brussels sprouts and cranberries and place in a large bowl. Add in butternut squash. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Spread out on the baking pan in an even layer and roast until golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- In a saucepan, mix brown sugar and balsamic vinegar and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer, and stir frequently for 10-12 minutes or until the mixture is reduced to the consistency of syrup.
- Drizzle vegetables with balsamic syrup and enjoy!
Nutrition Information / Amount per serving:
Calories – 255 Protein – 4 g
Total fat – 10.5 g Total Carbohydrates – 40 g
Saturated fat – 1.5 g Dietary Fiber – 7 g
Cholesterol – 0 mg Sodium – 37 mg
Sugars – 19 g Added Sugars – 9 g
For delicious recipes, nutrition tips, and cooking and nutrition classes, go to the Kendall Reagan Nutrition Center website. More health tips are also available at the College of Health and Human Sciences Pinterest board.