This delicious summer recipe is perfect for grilling season. Serve as a side dish or add some protein on top to make it an entrée.
- 2 medium eggplants
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 to 3 tablespoons fresh herbs of choice (thyme, rosemary, oregano), chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, to taste (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium heat.
- Add olive oil, garlic and herbs to a small bowl and stir until combined.
- Slice eggplant in half lengthwise. Make several parallel cuts into the white flesh a half-inch apart, making sure to not cut through the skin. Make another set of cuts in the same manner, but perpendicular to the first, making a crosshatch.
- Brush herbed oil across flesh of eggplant, leaving a small amount of oil in the bowl.
- Place flesh-side down over hot grill. Brush remaining oil over eggplant skin. Grill 5-8 minutes, then flip, and grill for an additional 3-5 minutes, or until desired tenderness is reached.
- Remove from grill and sprinkle eggplant with parmesan cheese if desired. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
August Recipe of the Month
Nutrition Information / Amount per serving:
Calories 110 Total Fat 5.5 g Saturated fat 1 g Cholesterol 1 mg Sugars 10 g
Protein 4 g Total Carbs 1 g Dietary Fiber 8.5 g Sodium 33 mg
*includes parmesan cheese